Please have a look at our instructions for transport and care at the selling point.
Instructions for transport and the shop floor
- Never store or transport the plants next to wet products.
High humidity can cause stains on the plants.
- Never keep or transport the plants together with vegetable or fruit.
This is necessary to prevent Ethylene. The gas Ethylene causes flower shedding. Keep the plant away from exhaust fumes and especially from rotting plants.
- Store and transport the plants between 10°C – 14 °C.
A temperature lower than 10°C can cause cold damage. A temperature higher than 14°C combined with little light shortens the shelf life of the plant. Don’t keep the plant in the dark for longer than absolutely necessary and make sure there is good air ventilation.
- Remove the plastic foil right after transport.
- Take the plants out of the tray and place them separately on the shop-shelves.
Cape Daisy Plant Care
- Señoritas ® are garden plants that feel at home in flower pots, plant containers and flower beds.
- Señoritas ® are real sun worshippers. Place the cape marguerite in a sunny spot on your balcony, terrasse or garden.
- Being native to a southern region, the cape marguerite can survive short dry periods. Water the plant only when the topsoil layer is dry.
- Don’t let the roots stand in water. Make sure that excess water can escape from the pot. Only use pots with a drainage hole. Cover the bottom with a layer of hydro pellets.
- When watering, avoid getting the blossoms wet. Pour the water directly into the pot.
- The cape marguerite is an annual plant, but overwintering is possible. Cut back the plant at the end of November and put it in a cool, frost-free and dark room.